Thursday, May 4, 2017

Blog Post #12 : 5/4/17

  1. What did you find interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame?

When learning about the Sisters of Notre Dame, I was amazed as to how many different school we have. I had no idea that we had schools in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and Kenya. It is incredible to know that two women founded Notre Dame as well. One of the reasons I love the school is because of the women empowerment involved not only in the history, but the aroma and leadership now.

  1. "Flickriver: Photoset 'Nuns, Sisters, Brothers & Art' by PatricksMercy." Flickriver - A New Way to View Flickr Photos and More... N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2017.
    What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?

From listening to the Alumnae Panel something that real stuck with me was to not sweat the small stuff. It came up during many of the questions involving what they would each change about their years in high school. This resonate well with me because I am constantly hung up on things I know will not matter in the future. Since high school is a short 4 years, I can't waste my time being bothered or stressed, but to spend it doing what I love with the people that I love.

  1. What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
Being a part of the Notre Dame Community is a strong bond and sense of unity with 450 girls. It is a sisterhood that is like no other that will be carried throughout our entire lives. It is a community of strong women leaders. The Notre Dame Community teaches us how important it is to take charge of our lives and to be prepared for anything in life. The bond of Notre Dame sisters lasts a lifetime and can rekindle at any point in time.
"About." Sisterhood Agenda. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2017.

  1. When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?

Notre Dame High School preaches many important values that are important for our lives and our futures. Some values I will take in the most are about being a leader everywhere I go and never being afraid to voice my opinion. No matter the circumstance I will always stand up for what I believe and not let myself become a doormat. Since we are an all girls school it is easy for us to say what we feel and not try in our appearance. Another value I will take with me in my future is to be self sufficient. The only person I can really rely on is myself so I must learn to be independent.
Clark, Liat. "Study: Women Undervalue Themselves When Working with Men." WIRED UK. WIRED UK, 23 May 2016. Web. 04 May 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment