- I learned a lot about each of the disciples. I learned that most of the disciples were fishermen or farmers and that is where they were called by Jesus. A lot of the disciples were also said to be related to Jesus, mostly brothers of him. The majority of the disciples were also martyred or crucified, having a violent death, except for John who died a peaceful death of old age. A lot of the disciples are buried in Basilicas.
I found John the most interesting out of all the disciples. It is really interesting to me that he was the only one who died a peaceful death. It intrigues me to know more about why he was the only one and what he did to not be killed. He was said to be a cousin of Jesus and a fisherman. While he was fishing, Jesus called him to be a disciple.
Based on the information I have learned from the disciple projects, people who follow Christ are all very passionate and loyal about their faith and religion. They love to learn about the teachings of Jesus, enough to teach others about them all over the world. They are each strong leaders as well as stubborn. The disciples use these characteristics to stand up for what they believe in.- One characteristic that I resemble with the disciples is my stubbornness. I am extremely stubborn and always stick to what I believe in. It takes a lot for me to change my mind about something. The disciples also had this trait because they must always stay strong with their beliefs because of all the nonbelievers that will fight against their teachings.
Monday, January 30, 2017
Blog Post #8 : 1/30/17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment