Monday, February 13, 2017

Blog Post #9 : 2/13/17


  1. Each of the Apostles went through tremendous amounts of suffering. When they were each trying to teach the word of the Lord, they were hated, unaccepted, attacked, captured, and rejected. I was surprised that they were each so disliked when all they were trying to do is preach. I thought that at least some of their followers would stand up for them and save them when they suffered.
  2. My favorite Act of the Apostles was the story about the Storm. I thought it was really inspiring because it reminded me to never give up faith in something and that it all turns out in the end. In the story, the Apostles were on a boat in the storm and thought they wouldn't survive so they anchored their boat and prepared to give up. They then were spoke to by Jesus who told them not to give up and that they will make it.
  3. I have experienced many challenges from school, friends, family, and volleyball. School is always challenging but I have gotten pretty good at managing it. I balance my time and finish everything I can in class so that I don't have so much homework. Friends and family always bring me challenges as well. I handle these by always staying grounded and being nice to everyone even when they aren't necessarily nice to me. Volleyball is also challenging, not only physically but emotionally as well. I deal with those challenges by not letting anyone get to my head and just playing my game.
  4. The people I turn to in times of need are my closest friends, and family. The person I turn to most often is my best friend. She always makes things better and has great advice. My parents are sometimes good to talk to also because they are full of wisdom and experience. My older sister is also someone I turn to because she has gone through the same challenges as me and can help get me through them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment